Sydney just had her 9 month checkup. She is 14 lbs and 14oz. Dr. says she's a bit of a lightweight but overall she is a healthy and very happy baby girl! She is pulling herself up now onto everything. She hasn't really tried to take any steps yet but it seems like in just one night she pulled herself up, so maybe she'll start moving sooner than later. We got the go ahead to start giving her more solids and so far we have tried scrambled eggs, pancakes and Yo Baby yogurt. Brooklyn used to love (and still does) Avocado, so we'll try that with her too. Brooklyn also now likes Carmel Machiatto's, which she pronounces "Camel Machiyoyos."
Brooklyn is now into stories and loves the 3 Little Pigs. We pretend that one of us is the big bad wolf and we chase each other around the house. She also likes to blow me off the bed (she puffs and she puffs) and giggles like crazy when I fall off the bed over and over. I have a special playlist on my ipod of Brooklyn's music and she knows every word. She sings randomly on her own and dances to almost anything. Just today she sang happy birthday out of nowhere. She likes pushing Sydney around in her play stroller and more often is just telling her "I love you." It is so darling. Her other big thing is brushing hair (mimi willl love that!) and wetting your hair with her own spray bottle. Every now and then I let her completely soak my head and shirt as she brushes my hair and tells me to put my head back. Then she says I have crazy hair and then she says I am so pretty. She is now pretty good about repeating all of our full names, including our middle names and every now and then she blurts out some Spanish word she learned from Dora and Diego.

No comments:
Post a Comment