Miss Brooklyn Makena recently started pre-school and just loves it! We don't seem to be having the same separation anxiety like we used to at "the little school." Now that she's in "the big school" she has been such a big girl and doing all kinds of fun new things! She has learned to write her name (well, scribble, but she's still excited) and sings new songs. Her favorite...not Twinkle Twinkle or Five Little Monkeys. She likes the big girl music, i.e. Taylor Swift! She dances to the "You Belong To Me" video and sings around the house "I wear t-shirts, I'm on the bleachers." I have got to get this on tape, it is hilarious!
She loves watching videos on my Ipod and while she still loves Dora, well, she's getting into finer tatses. Phineas and Ferb and the Berenstain Bears are some new favorites. She loves playing in dirt, swinging on swings and loves to give hugs to strangers. There is no stranger danger with this girl. If you ask her is she should take candy from strangers, she says Yes! If we go out and someone smiles at her or is nice to her, she wants to give hugs. She also loves to say to mommy and daddy "I yuv you berry berry berry much." If I ask her "forever and ever?" she says "yes, forebber and ebber!"
Sydney is learning a bit of sign language and has just recently started signing "more." She's learning much later than Brooklyn, mainly because we haven't done it as much with her. She loves nutri-grain bars and bananas and both girls love gatorade. Sydney also loves peppermint patties, though Brooklyn prefers snickers and anything chocolate, really. Sydney is also starting to get into reading. She likes to bring us her favorite book of farm animals and sit in your lap or on her little chair and point to the pictures. I hope she gets into reading, Brooklyn likes it alot too.
In the pics, Sydney is enjoying a cupcake; Brooklyn and a few of her friends at her birthday party sitting in a big giant teddy bear; feeding a deer in the yard; swinging on a ball swing; Sydney reading a book- notice the bright red cheeks....when she's teething her cheeks get very red, she drools like crazy and is not so sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment